Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2018 15:51:39 +0000
From:
"Erickson, Joanie" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I are a few strategies to approach clean up that I know of.  There are probably others too.  😊  There is always more than one way to get things done.

1.  Setting up secondary server storage and allow employees to only copy over what needs to be kept with a deadline for shutting off old server.
2.  Using a go-forward plan.  Example:  As 5/1/2018 we will start using classification/taxonomy and record retention standard on files going forward.
4.  Employees taking part in an annual RIM day to clean up their drives and local storage
5.  Data mapping software can show where files types are being stored.  Then using some logic to remove obsolete and files older than specific date or by last accessed date.

Regards,
Joanie Erickson, IGP, CRA, CIP
Global Records and Information Governance Leader
Direct: 630-718-5153
www.molex.com | RIM is Your Role - Site