From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:22:13 -0800
Another option that hasn't been mentioned is providing uniforms,
particularly if there is a conflict between the look of the clothes, and
the predilection of those clothes to get damaged in the course of the
job. This is something I can really relate to, as I had a job for a
while that required ties, sports jackets, slacks, etc... even when I was
handling large quantities of boxes in 90 degree weather. The amount of
clothes I went through was ridiculous, all at my own expense!

We periodically provide a number of different styles of logo shirts to
those willing to wear them regularly. It works pretty well, even with
employees that originally scoffed at the idea. The shirts are
comfortable, they look good, and they're cheap. It adds an element of
esprit de corps for some employees. And, if you are as sartorially
challenged as I am, they also make life pretty simple when getting
dressed in the morning.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records & Distribution Services Manager
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution & Stores
(FREDS)
1620 SE 190th Avenue
Portland OR 97233
phone: (503)988-3741