From:
"Alan S. Zaben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:56:28 -0500
Gus,

The sound file apparently was not added to the slide in your PP
presentation so it will only play when you run the presentation on your
computer.  here are the instructions for adding the sound file to the slide
in the PP presentation.

Alan

Add music or sound effects to a slide

    * Display the slide to which you want to add music or sound effects.
    * On the Insert menu, point to Movies and Sounds, and then do one of
the following:

    *
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office10\1033\ppmain10.chm::/html/#>
    []
    <mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office10\1033\ppmain10.chm::/html/#>Insert
a sound file
        * Click Sound from File, locate the folder that contains the file,
and then double-click the file you want.
    <mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office10\1033\ppmain10.chm::/html/#>
    []
    <mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office10\1033\ppmain10.chm::/html/#>Insert
a sound clip from Clip Organizer
        * Click Sound from Clip Organizer, scroll to find the clip you
want, and click it to add it to the slide.
    Note   To do a search for clips in Clip Organizer, click Modify. To get
more information about finding the clip you want, click Tips for Finding
Clips at the bottom of the task pane; it gives details on finding files
using wildcards and adding your own clips to the Clip Organizer.
    * When a message is displayed, do one of the following:
        * To play the music or sound automatically when you go to the
slide, click Yes.
        * To play the music or sound only when you click the sound icon
        []
        , click No.
    * To adjust settings for when the sound file stops: click the sound icon
    []
    , right-click, and on the shortcut menu, click Custom Animation.
    * In the Custom Animation task pane, click the arrow on the selected
item in the Custom Animation list, and then click Effect Options.
    * On the Effect tab, under Stop playing, do one of the following:
        * To stop the sound file on mouse-click of the slide, select On
click (the default).
        * To stop the sound file after this slide, click After current slide.
        * To keep the sound file playing for several slides, click After,
and then set the total number of slides the file should play on.

<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office10\1033\ppmain10.chm::/html/#>
[]
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office10\1033\ppmain10.chm::/html/#>Tips

    * If the length of the sound file isn't long enough for continuous play
on a slide, click the sound icon
    []
    , right-click, click Edit Sound Object, and in the Sound Options dialog
box, select the Loop until stopped check box to repeat the sound continuously.
    * You can also add music to a presentation by playing a CD, but in that
case music files are not added to the slide. To create settings for the CD,
on the Insert menu, point to Movies and Sounds, and click Play CD Audio Track

At 05:54 PM 2/10/2005, you wrote:
>Hello fellow list folks....
>
>I've ran into a bit of a problem with a powerpoint presentation I'm creating
>for our records management department here at my organization.  And, I'm
>hoping someone might enlighten me!
>
>I have a title slide that includes animated title and a music clip.  I
>downloaded the music clip from microsoft's online clip galery.  I was able
>to insert the music clip into my opening title slide and with custom
>animation feature of powerpoint, I was able to time the appearance of text
>(title) to the music....meaning the music will play while the other
>animations run...and in this case text appearing on specific notes in the
>music.  However, while it plays fine on my computer, the music simply
>doesn't play when it is run on other computers...even ones with the same
>exact software, etc. as mine!
>
>The odd thing is that I can copy and paste the music in...and although I
>haven't tried it yet, I suspect it will play regardless of the computer.
>But it doesn't appear as a "speaker" icon...rather a midi file icon to play
>using microsoft media player.  And, it will automatically start using the
>custom animation feature.  But, it is listed in the animation lineup as an
>"object" rather than "media" and will not allow timing to other
>animation...other than simply playing all the way through before or after
>the other stuff...in the order of sequence chosen.
>
>Anybody know what the problem is?  I intend for this presentation to be
>available for viewing from our webpage...and therefore it will be accessed
>from other computers. And, I'd sure like to have that timed music on the
>opening slide!
>
>Much appreciation in advance for anybody's tips on this!
>
>Gus Harris
>Records Manager
>Univ. of West FL

ALAN S. ZABEN
"A 16 Year Cancer Survivor"
Edison, New Jersey

Cancer may have robbed me of that blissful ignorance that once
led me to believe that tomorrow stretched forever.  In exchange,
I've been granted the wisdom to see each today as something
special, a gift to be used wisely and fully.  Nothing can take that
away.

Hopes and dreams reign where cancer cannot go.