From:
Don Saklad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:17:59 -0500
By Serena Enger, PSA Past President
Looking Ahead: Leadership

Boston Public Library
...Over the past three years, as I served the PSA Professional Staff
Association as Vice President and President, I've seen the Public
Library become an increasingly chaotic place in which to work and for
the public to use:
inaccurate interpretations of our contract;
the severe attrition and turnover rate of professional staff;
salaries behind other major libraries and academic institutions;
the lack of substantial in-house professional development;
the punitive and dismissive attitude shown to the staff by several
senior managers;
unsafe and dirty working conditions...

...more

By Serena Enger, PSA Past President
Looking Ahead: Leadership

The Real Sheet newsletter of the PSA
Boston Public Library Professional Staff Association
Volume 33, Number 5
November-December 2004
page 1

The Real Sheet newsletters
Subscribe, [log in to unmask]
Or request individual newsletter articles by fax or  email,