From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:16:07 -0500
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:06:36 -0800, Chris Flynn
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Yes Peter it took a while. However, Flight, computers, cars, thought are
> now moving forward at a drastically faster pace. Look at the post I put
> out a couple of days ago on the relationship of IT and RM. We need to
> embrace the change and control the direction or someone else faster and
> better will do it instead.

My point about dbl-entry bookkeeping is that most businesses didn't
accept it until it proved beneficial to their operations (and pocket
book).

Our problem does not lie with embracing change, but rather with
educating folks/departments/companies as to what RM is capable of
doing for them. Yes folks are charging ahead, but at some point in
time they end up back with us asking how to do something. Something
that could have been solved if we had been invited to the dance in the
first place.

this is happening with my employer. They are starting to ask me to the
dance. They are asking what should we do.

Chris we're not on opposite sides, we're just approaching the problem
from different perspectives