From:
Jeremy Hasse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:00:36 -0500
Good afternoon:

By way of introduction, I am a paralegal at Alticor Inc.  I work closely
with our Records Management Department in a variety of capacities.  I am
also currently pursuing a master degree.  Presently, I am enrolled in a
research course.  One of the assignments in the course requires students to
propose and write a research paper.  The research problem I have decided to
pursue is entitled "What are the identifying factors of an effective
records management program in today's business environment."  In my
opinion, it is one thing to manage a records retention program - it is
another thing to manage an effective records management program.  My
research will focus on the factors that make a records management program
effective.

I have created several questions that will assist me in my research, they
are listed below:

1.    What is your name, company name, and job title?

2.    How long have you worked in the records management field?

3.    What are your priorities as a records manager for your company?

4.    What is your definition of an effective records management program?

5.    Is the records management department at your company properly
utilized? (Yes or No)

6.    Please rate the effectiveness of your company's records management
program (on a scale of 1 - 10) 1= not at all effective, 10 = very effective

7.    What are the biggest "road-blocks" to having an effective records
management program at your company?

8.    If resources were not limited, how would you implement an effective
records management program at your company (e.g. personnel involved,
departments involved, etc...)?

9.    Does your company involve legal and IT personnel in your records
management program/decisions? (Yes or No)

10.   What are the new challenges records managers are facing today (e.g.
managing electronic records, etc...)?

If you choose to participate, please forward your response to me via e-mail
[[log in to unmask]] at your earliest convenience.  I would like to
assure you that information identifying individuals and companies will not
be identified in my research report.  If you have any questions, please
feel free to contact me.  Thanks.

Jeremy D. Hasse