From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:11:48 -0800
Besides proper tape handling, understand that not all tapes and tape drives
are equal. Many IT folks will tell you they use nothing but Sony SAIT1 or
SAIT2. More expensive, but can you really put a price on data? Or rather
loss of data?

Evaulting along with tape backup seems to be the safest best practice.

Sharon Burnett
Seattle Washington USA

"Hey, I'm not a lawyer and I do not play one on TV. The opinions herein
expressed are mine and mine alone. Do not forward or cross post this message
without my express permission."