From:
Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:37:04 +1100
Chris wrote: "Don, I defended your right to access the list don't make me regret it."

I agree. I have in the past defended Don, proposing a gentle tolerance
approach. But PeterK does a tremendous lot of unpaid work which all of us
benefit from. If he choses not to reveal the fine detail of how he
compiles RAIN, that's fine by me. If the fine detail is PK's intellectual
property in some way, he's entitled to it, a million times over. If he
just doesn't have time to tell Don how to suck eggs, that's fine by me
too. There are many postings on the list which I'd like to respond to but
sometimes I just don't have time. So far, no-one here is trying to take
away my MRMA because I haven't replied to something (though they do get
upset sometimes when I DO respond (grin)).

Possibly Don's famously cryptic syntax has caused the rest of us to
misinterpret what he wanted or said, but that just proves Don is a bad
communicator.  But that's a generous interpretation, and the succeeding
posts don't yet contain a simple, clear apology from Don.

So Don, you're skating on thin ice. Don't expect the US/Australian free
trade agreement to protect you from the wrath of Oz when you accidentally
or otherwise say something rude about our mate PK.

Oh, and if you lot over there do decide to expel PK because of this
alleged heinous breach of professional ethics, you can always export him
up here. Bits of Oz are sort of like Texas (only bigger), and he at least
understands somewhat of cricket, and I understand he's been known to have
the odd beer or two. I'm sure we could find somewhere to fit him in.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked
and they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Bloggs and Co and
Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.