From:
Amy Dymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:41:18 -0600
Glenn,

This made me smile.

    I don't pretend to have much say on this list, as I still consider myself a 'beginner' in the Records Management area, and have not had the opportunity to contribute back to the list the amazing amount of knowledge and information I have had the privilege to glean from RAIN, as well as this listserv's wonderfully diverse members over the past year or so.  However, I am finding that clear communications is "key" to the Records Management 'voice' within your own employment environment.  It is not easy trying to establish the importance of a clearly defined Records Management program and Retention/Destruction manual, when others just don't want to "hear", or are naturally happily busy with their own responsibilities, and this listserv and RAIN provide me with enough research and resources to stand a 'fighting' chance in the challenges set before me.

  So, if I may humbly contribute again, then I say "Thank You, Peter!" And to all of you who so willingly contribute, and share your knowledge and expertise with those of us trying to tackle and redefine the Records Management pathway for our companies....Thank You!

A good friend of mine once gave me this proverb:  "Honey, Eat the chicken and spit out the bones."  Author Unknown.

I think that's pretty good advice, as we can glean from what is generously contributed here and apply what 'fits' and discard what doesn't, while still being grateful that someone took the time and effort to make it available to the rest of us.

And as one small voice in the great and fair state of Texas, who loves that bits of her state are much like Australia...

Well, it's Friday, and if I can have an Aussie beer with my 'chicken', then I'm a happy camper!

Now...back to to re-defining our Records Retention program...

Cheers All!

"These views/opinions/statements, are mine alone, and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. etc. etc."

Amy  J. Dymond
Supervisor Business Systems
American Airlines Federal Credit Union
817-963-0037

Glenn Sanders wrote>>>>>>>>

Chris wrote: "Don, I defended your right to access the list don't make me regret it."

I agree. I have in the past defended Don, proposing a gentle tolerance
approach. But PeterK does a tremendous lot of unpaid work which all of us
benefit from. If he choses not to reveal the fine detail of how he
compiles RAIN, that's fine by me.

So Don, you're skating on thin ice. Don't expect the US/Australian free
trade agreement to protect you from the wrath of Oz when you accidentally
or otherwise say something rude about our mate PK.

Oh, and if you lot over there do decide to expel PK because of this
alleged heinous breach of professional ethics, you can always export him
up here. Bits of Oz are sort of like Texas (only bigger), and he at least
understands somewhat of cricket, and I understand he's been known to have
the odd beer or two. I'm sure we could find somewhere to fit him in.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked
and they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Bloggs and Co and
Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.