From:
John Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:11:26 +1000
-----Donna W. Collins wrote-----

I am posting this request for a local vendor who has been asked to
locate a copy of a 1970's "Michigan Study" on the cost of misfiles.
This is all the information she has so we don't know who created it.
Does anyone have a copy of such a study or know where one could be
located?  She is only interested in this 1970's study and nothing else
(more recent or relevant) on this topic will do.

Please respond to the list or to me separately
([log in to unmask]) and I'll forward any applicable answers.
Thanks in advance.

Donna W. Collins, CRM
Records Supervisor
Alabama Gas Corporation

Donna

There has been much conjecture on the list in the past (and I am guilty of
this as well) about the existence of oft quoted studies on misfiles,
duplication, etc.

The general consensus is that such a study did not take place, and that the
figures oft quoted do not have any basis in fact.

Look in the list archives for anecdotal evidence.

John Lovejoy
my own views - no one else's