From:
AF Cossham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:59:32 +1200
While this article primarily concentrates on the design of automated systems
(useability design / information architecture), I thought it was interesting
to see  how poorly a system can be designed even when records are vital.
This is an example of how NOT to do it. If you're interested in the creation
and capture of records, this may interest you.

I received the alert a couple of days ago, so apologies if you've already
seen it.

Alertbox: Medical Usability: How to Kill Patients Through Bad Design
Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox for April 11 is now online at:
   http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20050411.html

can result in the wrong medication being dispensed to patients. Most of
these flaws are classic usability problems that have been understood for
decades.

Amanda Cossham