From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:24:45 -0400
On 4/17/05, Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> My advice to folks taking Part VI is always the same:
>
> 2) Read the question that you plan to answer, then read it again. Then
> read it again and make a list of exactly how the question is to be
> answered. Creativity here is not a good thing. Answering the question
> as asked is what is wanted.

As someone who has graded Part VI in the past this is the critical
part. Answer the question. Don't go flying off on a tangent. Remember
this is the same type of thing you would be doing at work

> 3) Make an outline, then fill in the text that you want to support
> the outline. If nothing else, you might get partial credit for the
> answer if the grader sees where you were going.

a great idea!

> 4) Generally, one of the questions goes like this: company XYZ has
> never had a records program and has a particular problem in this area.
> Tell us what is wrong, how it needs to be fixed, and write this for the
> C-level of the company. You have two hours.

The original question was about case studies. They can be found all
over the 'net (just not RIM related) that said one of the best
magazines around (and it is free) is Baseline Magazine. Each month
they present at least one case study. The April issue takes a look at
the FBI's virtual case file system

http://www.baselinemag.com/article2/0,1397,1783699,00.asp

> 6) Don't panic. Know what you need to answer, make an outline, and
> start writing.

AND don't forget to spell check use both the software spellchecker and
the old Mark I dual orbital manual visual processing units (ie your
eyes).
--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va