From:
Gerard Nicol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:56:53 -0400
Bill,

It is not uncommon at all to only send DR tapes to a single source.

That is not to say that there should not be other forms of backup for non
DR purposes, but in the event of a catostrophic disaster most companies
only have one fallback.

Keep in mind that some enterprises literally send thousands of tapes
offsite per day, to replicate this to allow for errors by the offsite
provider is not an option.

Gerard