From:
"Train, TK" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 15:09:16 -0600
 Gerry,

I echo all that has been said to this point regarding the definition and
the need for ECM.  The trouble spot, in my opinion, is that all these
technologies have yet to be implemented in an integrated single site
solution. The vendors say they can do it, but it has not yet been done.
This makes most end-user companies very skiddish, not finding "guinea
pig" status to be desireable.  Yet ECM is both needed and required for
most companies to efficiently manage information in a compliant manner.

So what do we do???  We need to get our manual business processes
streamlined and documented and START implementing the components of ECM
which will give the biggest and fastest ROI -- always keeping the eyes
on the big picture ahead of integrating the components together to form
a solution that grows and changes with the company and with information
retention requirements.

I'd be happy to discuss further off-line.

Thank you,

TK Train, CRM, MIT
ECM Practitioner
President, AIIM Rocky Mountain Chapter