From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 10:02:16 -0700
Doesn't sound like something *I'D* like to hear if I was a client of the
"Leader in data protection"

http://snipurl.com/hezs

From the article....

He also said he has been unable to get a response from Boston-based Iron
Mountain Inc., which handles off-site data storage for SCP. The area around
Iron Mountain's Kenner, La., storage facility is flooded and inaccessible,
said Babco, who added that he would have liked to have had SCP's backup
tapes sent to Dallas in advance of the storm.

 "They've not been able to provide us any information about when they will
be able to get tapes out of their facility," Babco said. "I think they
weren't proactive in seeing the event looming and getting the tapes out of
harm's way." He vowed to switch to a different storage archiving vendor.

Ken Rubin, senior vice president of marketing for Iron Mountain, said he
doesn't know why Babco didn't get a response from his company. Rubin said
Iron Mountain began responding to disaster alerts from customers on Aug. 26
and moved requested tapes to customer off-site facilities.

Rubin said Iron Mountain proactively went to the facilities before the
hurricane struck and moved all the data tapes to higher shelves in
preparation for flooding. Now, Rubin said, his company is working with
authorities to get back into the four data storage facilities in New
Orleans.

"We don't know once the levies broke what impact or not there is to any of
the content of the building. We are trying to get in," he said.

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA