From:
Gerard Nicol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 00:03:57 -0500
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:40:45 -0600, Allen, Doug <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I'm certain that I'll regret getting involved in the discussion,
>however....
>
>Gerard... Perhaps you have some ideas regarding the storage of tapes and
>other media.  If so, what might those be?

Doug, I would be happy to share my ideas with the list, but at this point
I am more interested in what the average RM has to say on the matter.

>With regard to a "checklist" or some means of evaluating different
>facilities, one might wish to refer to an overall Records Storage
>facility list that can be obtained free of charge through PRISM
>International.  Here's a link to their web site.  One can register and
>download the checklist at no charge:

I was a member of PRISM for many years, and unless some miraculous change
has occurred in the past 6 months I doubt you will find any material on
their website. If there is I would love to see it, perhaps you can send me
the direct URL.

A new association representing data security met in Houston this October,
you can see all of the sessions videos at
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=baremetaldata.

Gerard