From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 10:42:48 -0700
I would like to suggest that this be moved to the ARMA Member Forum /
NetCom area of the My ARMA section of the ARMA website. I don't have a
problem discussing this on RECMGMT-L, but I suspect members of
RECMGMT-L who are not ARMA members would not appreciate a week's worth
of debate here.

The topic was on the agenda and outside of a comment by Bill Benedon,
there were no comments presented to me or any Board member.

I will be happy to discuss in detail the finacial status of the
Association and the rationale for the increase.

As many of you know, I had issues with how this was handled by the
Board many years in the past, so I can understand the concern of
members.

I would like to point out that the last dues increase was in July of
2003. That increase was $35 or 30%, and was made when the cost of
providing services stood at 67%. What we have found is that we are in
great danger of running a deficit (or begin to run a deficit) when the
recovery ratio dips below 70%.

I would also recommend to members that they review the decisions of the
Board http://www.arma.org/pdf/governance/0407DecisionBoard.pdf and
follow the embedded link to my "Financial State of the Association"
presentation.

I will not be available in real time to monitor RECMGMT-L or NetCom
this afternoon as the paying job comes first. I will review the
postings here this evening and respond as is appropriate.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM
Treasurer
ARMA International