From:
"Grevin, Frederic" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:58:29 -0400
Another alternative, Nancy, is conversion to data sets, using either manual data entry or some type of optical character conversion.

It's a more expensive approach than scanning, particularly if a very high degree of accuracy is required, but the analytical value of data sets can offset the higher cost.

This approach is often overlooked.

Best regards.

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin
Director, Office of Records and Archives Management
The City of New York
Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
Email: [log in to unmask]