From:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 09:46:04 -0700
Might be good to have some records management input in the mix on this 8/19/08 GSA's USA Services/ Intergovernmental leads Monthly Collaborative Expedition workshop, "The Role of Cyberinfrastructure in Scientific Knowledge: Emergence, Validation, and Peer Review" and future ones.

http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/RoleofCyberinfrastructureInScientificKnowledgeEmergenceValidationAndPeerReview_2008_08_19

This group is reaching out to the Records Management community for key input in the ongoing dialogue on ESI governance of the growing scientific cyberinfrastructure.

John

---

Forwarded on behalf of Susan Turnbull:

You and your colleagues are invited to Collaborative Expedition Workshop #75, "The Role of Cyberinfrastructure in Scientific Knowledge: Emergence, Validation, and Peer Review". This no fee, one-day public workshop will explore light-weight and "easy to use" tools being deployed today in science settings and beyond to streamline collaboration and peer review of workflow in a manner that accelerates the pace of sharing and discovery.

Increasingly, advances in these high performance settings anticipate and influence the pace in which transformative improvements in mission delivery of public services can be realized, across levels of government.

It is likely that how we design our cyberinfrastructure (including scientific knowledge-sharing environments that influence policy-making, innovation, and agility) will play a pivotal role in the continued vitality and creativity of our 21st century democracy.  This workshop will open up dialogue to facilitate "bootstrapping" among multiple communities and institutions whose individual and collective contributions to shared design challenges will shape our national experience of cyberinfrastructure for years to come.

RSVP: You will need to pre-register for this workshop by sending an email to Angela Carter at [log in to unmask]

WHEN: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 8:30am - 4:15pm
WHERE: National Science Foundation, Ballston, VA, 4201 Wilson Blvd., Room
1235

Workshop Purpose/Agenda: at:

RSVP: You will need to pre-register for this workshop by sending an email to Angela Carter at [log in to unmask]

Excerpt:

These workshops seek to advance the quality of citizen-government dialogue and collaborations at the crossroads of intergovernmental initiatives, Communities of Practice, Federal IT research and IT user agencies, collaborative innovations in government and community services such as emergency preparedness, environmental monitoring, healthcare and law enforcement.