From:
"Rich, Grace" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:58:00 -0500
As the lead instructor for the online RIM certificate at
Chippewa Valley Technical College, an accredited two-year
institution in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, I’m pleased to announce
that fall registration is open for the online records management
certificate.

Registration is open now through August 29 for all five of
the 3-credit courses in the 15-credit online RIM certificate.
Classes run from August 25 through December 15. Tuition for
each 3-credit course is approximately $342. Book fees are
roughly $145.

The certificate consists of five 3-credit courses
delivered completely over the Internet. Topics include an
overview of records management program
components; records inventory, retention, vital records,
and disaster recovery for both paper and electronic records;
imaging issues; the relationship between records management
and other disciplines like IT; and new and emerging
developments in the records management profession.

Courses focus on real-world, relevant application of
concepts and theory. Over 90 RIM professionals have registered
for these classes since August 2005.

Certificate students have written: "Thank you for the wealth
of information. Your curriculum and responsiveness provide
a great learning experience.” and "It was a lot of work but well
worth every hour spent. I can use all of the information that I've
learned for my job." and “I have found these assignments to
be very beneficial to my current situation at work. I would
not even know where to begin if I hadn't enrolled in this course.
and “What a wonderful experience this online class has been.”

Many students enroll in certificate classes because they're
new to the RIM field and want to learn more about records
management. Others enroll because they want to advance in
their current records management position. Some records
professionals use the course material as a study base for
the CRM exam.

Certificate details are available at http://www.cvtc.edu/programs/rim.htm.
Fall registration specifics can be found at http://www.cvtc.edu/pages/1097.asp.
All five classes in the certificate will be offered again starting
January 12, 2009.

 --Grace