From:
Laurie Carpenter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:20:04 -0400
Just as a reminder - before you opt for non-standard size storage boxes,
check your offsite storage contract. Sometimes vendors charge for dis-placed
space in their standard shelving racks as opposed to charging for the actual
carton size. I knew of one company that used the storage boxes that were
just a little bigger to accomodate hanging folders (I'm thinking the box was
something like 1.4 or 1.6 CF instead of 1.2) and the company was charged for
a 2.4 CF carton because the vendor "couldn't" use the remaining open space.

The suggestion of filing the folders as if they were legal size may be cheaper
even though there are fewer folders per box.

Opinions my own and not those of any employer.

Laurie Carpenter, CRM
Burbank, CA