From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:14:21 -0400
http://bit.ly/dgtjgn

Excuse me? And don't get me wrong, I know LockMart hasn't been doing a
stellar job on this, but wasn't the lead failure in the deployment of VCF,
the predecessor to Sentinel, that FBI was managing the project??

It all goes back to what I said a week or so ago about the problems with
deploying and implementing technology involving multi-year projects in a
Federal environment... funding models make it difficult to successfully
complete a project.

That, coupled with a lack of clear scope that doesn't go through repetitive
changes during the project (due to continual staff changes and incomplete
FRDs) and attempts to ingest the entire span of legacy content up-front
continue to stymie progress.

Larry