From:
William Neale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:30:27 -0500
There is an ISO Standard on Statistical Sampling developed through AIIM,
Though I have not looked at it in years, it is probably what you are
looking for.  As Marc says, you need to consider the use of the images,
what your Acceptable Quality is and then you can use the tables in the
standard to determine your sample size.  Understanding statistics would
help, which I don't claim.  One of the key factors to consider is the risk
when choosing you sampling and of course the COST of sampling.

Bill Neale