From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2011 17:58:31 -0500
Read Lee Iacocca's autobio several years ago. he related a similar story but
from the top level. while at Ford (I think) he held regular sales meetings.
one time he wondered out loud what the the 10 days sales report was for
Albuquerque. Well the next week I got a thick report on his desk with said
sales figures. he kept getting it every week. finally he asked the delivery
person, "why am I getting this report?" The person responded "well sir you
asked in a meeting on date x about y and this is the report." "Well son," he
said "i didn't want it every week, I was thinking out loud."

the lesson learned? be sure and ask how often the report needs to be done

pak

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va