From:
"Holly, Debi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:29:03 -0500
Dwight,

These are all very good points.  Our goal is to be able to archive content from databases and manage it according to our retention schedule.  That is a very simple statement and a not so simple task.  Our processes may vary for legacy systems, and/or databases that don't have capabilities for easy archiving.  However, I would rather create stricter requirements and have exceptions for those legacy databases, than to set the bar too low and just perform "backups" or database snapshots as our archiving solution.

I appreciate the links provided by other list members and the points you made in your email.  It has given me something to base my discussion on.

Debi Holly
Records and Information Management Analyst
"Small Effort, Big Difference"

Records and Information Management | 512-453-4272 Office | 512-284-2035 Mobile | 512-453-0899 Fax | 7951 Shoal Creek Blvd, 3rd floor, Austin, TX 78757 | Mail Code TX-AU-SH-PMG