From:
Andrea Korpel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:52:05 -0230
Do you have an ECM system or systems that you coordinate to meet your content management needs?
We are using TRIM and CaseWare (We perform the audits for the Provincial Government).

What vendor, platform, interface, software are you using?
The vendor would be HP http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/w1/en/software/information-management-trim.html we are using version 6 release 2 (however there is a release 7.1 wither out or coming out very soon).

Who at your institution/organization uses it (depts, work groups)?
I work with the Provincial Government of Newfoundland Labrador, most departments are now using TRIM to some extent to manage their records.

How many users do you have? In the office I'm currently with we initially only had mangers and up on, but have since started training the auditors so we have roughly 40 people using it in our office. I've worked at offices where there are up to 100+ people using it. I've been using TRIM now for over 8 years and love it.

What is the volume of your workflow, document management, records management, archiving program?
Workflow related we enter in the daily mail, the secretaries then place actions on it and staff members get an e-mail stating that they have an action.

Who was responsible for the implementation of your system(s)?
I'm responsible for the implementation.

What was the duration of the project, the resources needed, the cost?
We've only been using it here in my office since March of last year. Resources you will need people to enter data (not sure of the cost).

What were the roll out strategies (i.e. phases, modules)?
First interview all staff (managers and up) to ensure you have all the information that you need to go into the system, most of our stuff was put into excel sheets and imported that way.

What were the training needs for the success of the system(s)?
Training wise, the company that we deal with trains some staff as Administrators, then they are able to train the rest of the staff or you can have someone from the company do it for you.

How is/are your system(s) supported?
We are using a SQL 2008 server. I know the rest of government is using an oracle server.

What products/software does it interface with?
TRIM interfaces with all Microsoft office products, corel draw, web pages, zip files, new 7.1 version interacts with SharePoint, this is just a few that I could think of.

What barriers or lessons learned were found during this project?
Don't put in really big PDF's it can take a long time to open it. Definitely got to have executive support.

What did you see as needed success factors for this project?
Executive support. I just recently started training the audit staff in how to use and they are loving it. They can now get stuff that they had to go to their manager to get before. It's all at their fingertips.

Who do you work for and what is the size of your institution/organization? I'm currently working for the Office of the Auditor General of Newfoundland & Labrador. We have about 40 staff, 6 of which on the other side of the island and they have no trouble using TRIM. The manager out there finds it good as before he wouldn't get to see the mail that comes in on a daily basis. Now he gets it via TRIM.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me off the list serv.

Andrea

Andrea Korpel
Information Management Technician II
Office of the Auditor General
Government of Newfoundland Labrador
PO Box 8700
St. John's, NL
A1B 4J6
Tel: 709-729-4056
Fax: 709-729-4200

"This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message."