From:
Thomas Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:46:34 -0700
Quick question for those who interact with Iron Mountain and IM Connect.  I've always been a proponent of maintaining an independent database of our hardcopy box metadata in our own records software.  Once this is in place, if a company chooses to also populate IMConnect's SKP database I know it can be rekeyed into IMConnect which duplicates effort or IM can be paid to enter it for the customer at a fee.

It's not necessary to enter it in IMConnect, but do any of you submit a database, uploadable spreadsheet or CSV file to Iron Mountain so there's no rekeying and the data is simply imported into SKP?  It seems this makes the most sense and takes advantage of what computers are meant to do ... automate!

If you upload data into IMConnect, let me know if IM has a name for this or how you accomplish this.  I once worked it out with them deep in their IT department and it worked great once I had the format set.

I think this could benefit others on the list, but if you prefer you can contact me offline at [log in to unmask] .

Thanks!

Tom Wilson, CRM
Arlington, Texas