From:
Maureen Cusack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2011 13:13:40 -0700
Josee - Iron Mountain's response 'we were the only company that has brought
this to their attention' is not a response. And it's not acceptable customer
service by Iron Mountain. They have tried to pull that same non-response
nonsense with me. You might want to point out to Iron Mountain that it is
axiomatic in order to manage something one must be aware of its existence.
And that this applies to the management of records in boxes in storage. And
that, since Iron Mountain claims to be in the records management business,
they should understand this axiom and, further, that they should understand
(1) that their ReQuest software is deficient, (2) in what way it's
deficient, (3) why this is a problem for customers, (4) that it's their job
to work with you to find a solution because they are the expert about their
software and you are not. (oh, and you're the customer who pays for
service). However, Iron Mountain seems, based on my experience, to not
understand the difference between managing records, and, say, manufacturing
widgets.

Sorry, I can't troubleshoot your specific problem for you because I use
different Iron Mountain software. I can advise you that you need to
micromanage Iron Mountain's own internal communcations once you place a
request for help regarding software interface or functionality because their
left hand doesn't know what their right hand is doing when it comes to
problems of this kind. You might need to suggest to them that they create
and maintain staff phone directories and org charts. I'm not kidding. You
should definitely require deadlines and deliverables of your account rep
each time you pose a question or make a request.

--
Maureen Cusack
San Francisco, CA