From:
Thomas Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2011 14:48:00 -0700
This may not be directly relevant to the original question, but I've found that as many mid-level employees which exist who want to retain records much longer than is probably required even operationally, there are an equal number of directors and executives who may want to destroy records sooner than a wise risk assessment might show.  Because many files aren't kept by requirement, but rather by consideration of a limitation of action statute, even though it's easy to give examples of why destruction too soon can be a problem, the same hammer doesn't exist as when you have a hard requirement.  So there are pressures both ways.