From:
Joseph Settanni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:52:28 -0500
The following is my private opinion and NOT to be ascribed to my employer:

I rarely do this.   But, for the sake of posterity, it may be needed.  I assume, automatically, most people will disagree strongly, so be it.   There used to be such thinking as is known as Natural Theology, classical (not modern) Natural Law, and even the old-fashioned Golden Rule, if nothing else.  Decadence, as C.E.M. Joad had properly defined it, is "the loss of the object."

So, relativism, ethical and otherwise, reigns supreme.   Yet, this nominalism in philosophy rots away ethical and moral thought, further and further, into the sewer of subjectivism, along with "do your own thing."   Pontius Pilate, a committed postmodernist, by definition, in his forever famously open denial of truth, asked a question.  Someone got crucified.  Q. E. D.

So, for: "Who will be the judge?  It's not black and white."    To that, I just plainly say: BULLFEATHERS!

Joseph A. Settanni, CRM, CPC, RMO
Director of Record Services
Smith County, TX