From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2011 14:48:55 -0400
Yes, Larry,
This one does keep going around and I think it will continue to go around as
the use of websites continue to evolve.  For a long time I saw websites -
both intranet and internet - as primarily a bulletin board.  But then the
retail industry got into the game and created a need to know exactly what
the customer sees.  This has sometimes been a problem when pricing or
details were entered incorrectly and the fact that the information might
change hourly.

Now we see not only web forms that receive data from customers/clients, but
also data/information that is being compiled from source(s) and delivered to
customers/clients based on a query.  These queries and responses are/may not
be retained, but the data going both directions is evidence of
information/data requested and information/data delivered.  It appears that
companies may be losing some business records during this process but I
don't think a "snap shot" of the webpage/site will solve the problem.

Now to the original question, I don't think a webpage or website is a
records series but we need to look carefully at the databases and other
sources in the background that generate and collect the information.

Mary

Mary W. Haider, MBA, CRM
Records & Information Manager and Consultant