From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2011 09:46:10 -0700
"At previous employers I had been contacted by the service rep when the bill
wasn't being paid. one vendor even told us sorry we won't be able to
complete your request until you pay part or all of your bill. the problem
usually was due to A/P not understanding the billing and them not paying.
But the rep was on top of the account and in both cases we were
Multi-mullion/billion dollar businesses"

Peter is right.

I also was in the same situation when Finance thought that the Records Centre vendor it's their own storage.
The organization was in financial problem, rent the building out, sent records to outside vendor following all requirements for contract, but people responsible for payment thought that they can do whatever they want due to status of the organization.
Vendor said sorry, no money - no records.
Of course, when I asked personally for researches, I got the files, but when Finance requested its files and did not got them, Finance immediately found that 10 or 20 thousands from Reserves or GOK where, because that records were proof for hundreds or millions. I got the check in the envelope and personally "trade" it for files.
 This exercise vendor did few times and it was correct. But... when I decided to check the prices , I was able to return our nonpayment in opposite side - vendor gave the price that it charged from new customers and I got additional few free of charge months of service  -  lesson learned - try to keep good relations with your vendors, but also we need to understand that every service should be paid.

Regards,

Alex Babin