From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:02:24 -0400
I'll jump in ... I am in the same camp as Bill Roach.

IMO, hashing has the highest value for only certain special content
- content that has particularly high security requirements.

It's value is less about proving integrity in the sense of information
management as an administrative process (in which I would generally include
litigation preparedness), and more about information integrity from either
an anti-hacking sense or from the perspective of knowing the information is
valid prior to it being used (think super-duper top secret launch codes,
etc.).

Hashing is kinda sexy, I know, but it's not really something I think most
RMs will/should need to deal with - understand, yes; but deal with, no.  We
need to find our allure somewhere else.  Maybe GARP is it?  ;)

Julie

--
Julie J. Colgan, CRM

http://twitter.com/juliecolgan