From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:25:10 -0700
Bill-

I think Hugh is right, actually-

From NARA's own web site: http://www.archives.gov/about/info/mission.html

Our Mission Statement

The National Archives and Records Administration serves American democracy
by safeguarding and preserving the records of our Government, ensuring that
the people can discover, use, and learn from this documentary heritage. We
ensure continuing access to the essential documentation of the rights of
American citizens and the actions of their government. We support democracy,
promote civic education, and facilitate historical understanding of our
national experience.

I don't see how anything here could have been construed as "...essential
documentation of the rights of American citizens and the actions of their
government."  I mean, it's the "National Pastime", but they aren't "...the
records of our Government..."

Larry

--
*Lawrence J. Medina