From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2011 15:49:32 -0400
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I don't see how anything here could have been construed as "...essential
> documentation of the rights of American citizens and the actions of their
> government."  I mean, it's the "National Pastime", but they aren't "...the
> records of our Government..."

If Ruth was quail hunting with the president at the time (Roosevelt)
or another government official then I would say NARA would be the
proper repository.

But based on the facts detailed in the various articles and the Plea
Agreement I would agree with Hugh - makes more sense for the MLB to
maintain the recording.  According to the Plea Agreement the item was
donated to NARA in in the middle '70s.  Wonder who the donor is and
whether MLB could either purchase or enter into a memorandum of
agreement with NARA to store and maintain the tape?

Shame to have a tape that appears to have historical significance (I
will admit I am no archivist) and yet until now wasn't even known to
exist.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Newtown Square, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]