From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2011 18:16:46 -0400
Please join ARMA NOVA for our November chapter meeting.  Our program
theme for this chapter season is “From Records Management to Information
Governance.”  We will be exploring how we as RIM professionals need to
expand our focus beyond records retention and disposition, to a full range of
lifecycle management governance strategies and processes.  Our speaker for
this meeting is Jean Freeman, who will talk about why information is being
placed at the governance level.

The inextricable relationship between information and business is now
indisputable.  So, how do we reflect that relationship in the way we treat
information management or governance within an organization? This
presentation focuses on the distinction between management and governance
and the reasons for placing information at the governance level.

About our Speaker:

Jean Freeman, president of Jean Freeman & Associates, has been consulting
with C-Level management and boards of directors for organizations since
1992, when she established her business in Washington, DC.  She focuses
primarily on strategic planning, board and organizational evaluation, policy
development and organizational communication. Her governance model,
MACROgovernance, was designed to, among other things, help organizations
clearly differentiate between management and governance responsibilities.
Jean has a Master of Arts degree in communication and was graduated from
the John Carver Policy Governance Academy.

Logistics:

DATE:  Wednesday, November 16, 2011

TIME:
5:30 PM  Registration
6:00 PM  Dinner
7:00 PM  Program

PLACE:
Marco Polo Restaurant, 245 Maple Avenue, West Vienna, VA 22180
703.281.3922
PARKING:  Free at the restaurant
METRO:  	Vienna Metro plus a five minute cab ride
COST:  $25.00 Member, $30.00 Non-Member

Register at www.armamar.org/nova