From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:30:36 -0700
When I was a consultant I started with a work process analysis (using
context diagramming) to understand what the org thought it was currently
doing and identify the resulting records. I then followed it with a
questionnaire to identify what wasn't covered in the WPA and did an
inventory of the stuff not already identified. This to me represented the
best combination of "identify current stuff and how it's made" for e.g.
immediate operational needs and improvements and "where's everything else"
for e.g. compliance.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins, CRM, Information Certified
Director, Systems of Engagement
AIIM International
http://www.aiim.org
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins
Demonstrate your information management skills.
Get Information Certified. http://www.aiim.org/certification