From:
Fern Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:14:44 -0700
Lavonda
I am a CRM in Alberta, retired now. I specialized in reading Canadian
legislation for retention, and since I retired I complied all the
information I could find on Records Management into a textbook because I
used to teach it and a good Canadian textbook was not available. I have
self-published with an ISBN in electronic format, but haven't found a
publisher because it is very large and with a limited market.

Note: I am willing to share draft Chapters of my RM textbook in exchange for
comments on style and structure. I retain copyright but you may use parts
and give credit to me. Put "textbook" in the subject line for requests. I am
thinking of starting an e-zine with information from the textbook, but only
if there is enough interest.

Best wishes for your work. I found ARMA wasn't very strong in BC, perhaps
because of small communities with long distances between, so using
electronic networking will be very important for you. Your university
training will be very useful and I hope you continue with it.
Fern Phillips CRM