From:
Lydia Zavadska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2011 07:48:02 -0500
Hello   eerybody,

I'm a new subscriber to the list.  My name is Lydia Zavadska, I am from
Slovakia and I am an emloyee of company which safeguards  protection of
property (Electronics system, Fire systems, CCTV systems ). Currently , I
attend  web  Recods Management class with University of Toronto .
  Within my position Planning manager, inter alia,  I am also responsible
for retention of physical and electronic data of our department. (ISO
standards, contracts, important emails, data backup).   We have not
implemented RIM system yet .   I was delegate to prepare  PLAN for the
project of implementing RIM system into our company, mainly Project of
Digitizaton of data. .   I hope that the RM course and subscribing into the
list will help me  better understand RM program and  prepare good Plan for
implementing RIM for all departments of company.
 I would like refer  on  the info about  Digital Preservation: “Emulation: A
Useful Solution For Long-Term Access”
Can someone of you declare your opinion ...
How the private company  should be deal with Digital Preservation ? Is it
good solution to invest into a system with emulation for archiving ? (of
course it is depends on prosperity of company in the future,  but lets say
that it has long history and it is doing well on the market)
Thanks
 Lydia Zavadska