From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:26:51 -0800
Chris,

 Thank you very much for your examples.
I love to speak about problem of translation and these two translations show that there are still place for improvement and this is the reason why automatic translator could not replace human being interpreter.
I can give some examples, but not now.
מדיה חברתית   it is not social media

There is always  it is not "Там всегда" Google Translate. Я должен поехать туда, чтобы увидеть некоторые
комментарии по моей большой семьи на нескольких сайтах социальных медиа.

where "Там" means over there, somewhere, down the road
"Я должен поехать туда,"   - What happened that you must drive somewhere (I have to go there)

For the end, and I hope that you will remain calm after reading the next very famous example of automatic translation:
 "The finest example of English, coming straight from the Russian Academy of Sciences! This should actually read "Protein Institute", but the genitive case of 'protein' ('belok', 'белок') is 'belka' ('белка'), which just happens to be the noun for a squirrel. Epic fail ensues."

I have other examples of authomatic translations for childrens, were word "gay" is used videly when authors were talking about laughing children.

Any way, it is interesting discussion.

Alex