From:
Dwight WALLIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:13:47 -0800
From the Atlantic:

"Banning intra-office email: Horrible counter-productive idea, or inspired
work-flow enhancer?"

"Let's think through this. If we agree that the role of work email is to
keep workers connected to their work, then there are two arguments against
it. The first is that email does its job poorly: it's not the best way to
keep people connected and productive. The second is that it does its job
too well: it keeps people so connected that it winds up hurting
productivity."

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/12/the-case-for-banning-email-at-work/249252/

The comments on this article are actually more fascinating than the article
itself, and underline a statement I've made here before: We shouldn't
assume that people don't value their emails as records, or do not use email
as a record keeping system.
--
Dwight Wallis, CRM
Multnomah County Records Management Program