From:
Todd Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:02:15 -0500
Good Morning,

We have a list of 100+ numbered, operational forms which are often used by
multiple groups (i.e. Corrosion, Measurement, Pipeline Compliance, OSHA
Safety, etc.). All forms are currently accounted for through a forms matrix
which contains information about who the responsible office is for retention,
where and how long they should be retained, etc. In building our Retention
Schedule, I would like to list these forms under the function they support. I
would also like to keep the forms matrix as it is a handy tool and directly
connected to our O&M manual. I guess I’m curious to know how other
companies handle operational forms that cross functional lines. Do you only list
them under the function they support, do you list them separately on a type
of forms matrix, or do you manage a hybrid structure?
Any insight is appreciated.
Happy Holidays!

Todd Johnson, CRM, ERMm
Manager - Records & Information Management
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
Direct: (270) 852-4512