From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:13:20 -0500
FROM A TUESDAY court filing, we learn that D.C. officials are using personal e-mail accounts to conduct official business in an apparent attempt to shield their actions from view.

A deputy to Chief Financial Officer Natwar M. Gandhi described the practice last week. “There may have been an issue that we wanted to discuss, but did not necessarily want it to be FOIA-able to the press and, so, we would have perhaps had a conversation on personal e-mail,” Angell Jacobs, Mr. Gandhi’s chief of staff, testified Nov. 29. “FOIA” is the Freedom of Information Act.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-shadow-government-in-dc/2011/12/06/gIQAQVKpaO_story.html

Tod Chernikoff, CRM (currently overlooking 13th & K Streets NW on a rainy DC morning)
www.twitter.com/tchernik