From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:52:09 -0500
Dwight said:  It will be interesting to see if we will see more focus on
maximums (a) because of the kinds of privacy concerns currently prevalent
in the EU and (b) because of electronic medical records issues.

I'll add a (c) ... because of the ridiculous amounts of stuff we create and
store, much of which has a very short shelf-life.

I think we will see more and more MAX retention periods being used in
retention schedules, and not just being applied to things like system logs
but to more traditional record series like correspondence, etc.

Then again, maybe this is just another version of the debate about
retention vs. disposition schedules ...?  ;)

Cheers!
Julie

--
Julie J. Colgan, CRM