From:
Angie Fares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:48:00 +0000
In the health information management field, the American Health Information Management Association  embraced auditing and electronic records long before ARMA started down that path.  Since my original college degree was in health information, I hold a Registered Health Information Administrator and Chief Privacy Officer certification.

After I left the health care field, I noted that my audit, risk management, and electronic records management skills gave me a lot of leverage with the Information Technology department.  Therefore, I also now hold a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Governance of Enterprise in Information Technology (CGEIT), and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC).  These certifications give me an edge in the Information Technology/Services arena for advising the CIO on issues associated with solution design, security, risk, application of information governance practices (regardless of media), and I also perform annual assessments to identify, rank, and monitor solutions for management of risk throughout the lifecycle of any system that contains records.

These are great certifications to have because there is a distinct shortage of IT auditors and you can always find a job in the audit field when records management opportunities are scarce.

Warmest regards,

Angie Fares