From:
Alex Acevedo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2011 15:35:58 -0500
My company is piloting a social media product called Yammer (think Facebook
for the enterprise.) The idea is to provide a tool that will enhance collaboration
through real time conversation with the entire enterprise, as a complement to
our already sprawling SharePoint platform.   It was rolled out for everyone to
use, play with it, figure out different ways to incorporate the tool into your
organization. It started slow, then quickly picked up steam.

One example of it's use is the concept of thinking out loud. Have an idea or an
issue you're having problems with? Post it as you status and others will reply
with comments and suggestions. It becomes an avenue to tap in to the
collective knowledge of the enterprise.

In two weeks the information governance committee will meet to discuss the
pros and cons of using a tool like Yammer. As an insurance and financial
services company, I can tell you the compliance concerns are at the top of
the agenda.

My question to the group: If you were sitting in on this meeting (as I will be)
what would your view be with this or any social media tool for use in the
enterprise? Pros, cons?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Alex Acevedo, Corporate Records Manager
Symetra Financial