From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:59:39 -0800
Just an FYI for clarification purposes....

MOREQ is a "MOdel REQuirements" document, it is NOT a Standard (with a
capital OR lower case s)

GARP is a set of "Practices", also NOT a Standard (with a capital OR lower
case s)

Both may provide guidance that someone would want to consider or possibly
adopt in developing a set of protocols for the management of electronic
information assets, but neither contain information as authoritative or
developed using the rigorous principles or practices employed in the
development of Standards (especially those with a capital S)

My recommendation would be to determine first who sets the requirements
your entity must meet when it comes to the storage and retention of PII,
PHI, PII or any other sensitive information and then find out what
requirements they mandate you must meet.  At that point, it will be much
easier to locate 'standards' or other forms of authoritative guidance you
may need to develop your internal protocols, including training of staff
and establishment of policy/procedures.

Larry

--
*Lawrence J. Medina