From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 07:59:44 -0500
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What is the typical size of your Steering Committee? If I had just one rep
> from IT, Litigation, Finance, Compliance, Risk and the India team and added
> each of the Liaisons, that would make 29 people including myself and the
> Corporate sponsor (from Corp Legal). I can't imagine anything could get
> done with that many people involved. Plus the liaisons are relatively
> higher-ups, but may not have final decision-making authority. I could
> reduce the size by using a divisional rep rather than each liaison. We have
> 7 actual reporting divisions, but they have several lines of business or
> geographic sub-divisions (which is where the Records Liaisons come in).

Take a look at the other policy committees that your organization has in
place. See how many are permanent members and how many are rotating on/off
for a period of time. What is the purpose of the committee? Review/approve
policy? review/approve procedures? define what the committee's purpose in
life is and that will help determine the size. As for the liaisons consider
having a quarterly meeting with them to review committee decisions, provide
training etc.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va