From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:57:42 -0500
Take advantage of early registration and student discounts to register for this
all-day seminar sponsored by the Northern Virginia chapter of ARMA, to be
held March 6.  This should be a great event!

The RIM profession has, for at least the last decade, grappled with the
promise vs. the hype of auto-classification.  As one member of the Records
Management listserv commented, in December 2011:  “I've been waiting for
the holy grail for a long time, eagerly and hopefully — but I'll believe it only
when I see it in practice and working well.”

ARMA NOVA has assembled a panel of internationally recognized speakers to
address the following questions and more about auto-classification:
-  What is auto-classification, anyway?
-  How does it work?
-  Why should we consider using it as a tool?
-  Can you rely on it and defend its use in court?
-  What are its strengths and weaknesses?
-  Has anyone been able to successfully use it to support a RIM program?

Come and take a deep dive with us into auto-classification.

Speakers and topics include:
-  Randolph A. Kahn, Esq (President Kahn Consulting Inc. and Founder, Council
for Information Auto-Classification):  "Chucking Daisies - The Case for
Defensible Disposal"
-  Dr. William E. Underwood (Research Scientist, Georgia Tech):  "How Does
Auto-Classification Work?  The Science Behind It"
-  Jason R. Baron (Director of Litigation, National Archives and Records
Administration):  "What Does Auto-Categorization Have to Do with President
Obama's Memo on Records Management?  (Hint:  Everything!)"
-  Stephen Ludlow (Program Manager, OpenText):  "How to Make Auto-
Classification Transparent and Defensible"
-  Susan Sullivan (Director, Corporate Records Management, National Archives
and Records Administration) and Tim Shinkle (Director, Gimmal Group):  "Case
Study #1:  Managing Shared Content"
-  Speaker to be announced:  "Case Study #2:  Electronic Records
Management and Auto-Classification at the Department of Energy"

Registration:
Register at www.armamar.org/nova
(Cost includes continental breakfast and lunch; registration limited to 95
participants)

Early Registration (prior to February 20):
Members: $125
Non-members: $150
Full-time students: $50
3 or more from the same company/agency: $75 each

Full Registration (after February 19):
Members: $150
Non-members: $175
Full-time students: $50
3 or more from the same company/agency: $100 each

Logistics: