From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:05:18 -0800
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]
> >wrote:
>

> > I'd suggest to anyone considering deleting their account/s to read the
> > "Terms of Service" page in great detail.  You should have done this
> before
> > you signed up and started using the service/s as they suggested when you
> > signed up, but you may not have. Suffice to say, they assume no liability
> > or responsibility for what happens to any content you elected to put
> there,
> > before or after you delete the account.
> >

> James Fallow had a good article recently in the Atlantic Monthly titled
> Hacked! about what happened when he tried to recover his wife's emails
> after her gmail account had been hacked.
>
> http://bit.ly/r8IupQ

Yeah, that was an excellent read...

But he admitted in a follow-up piece that if he hadn't been who he was and
hadn't been able to face-to-face with people he did (and also in part
because of who his wife was and the negative publicity he gave them) he
would have never succeeded on her behalf.

Also what it pointed out is/was at that time, ALL OF THIS STUFF that was
supposedly deleted never was and that was the issue I was raising.  If the
66% are doing this because they're angry about the changes Google is making
they need to understand a few things:

- You can place expectations on free services
- If they have Terms of Service, they're THEIR TOS, not yours
- Stuff on the Interwebs seldom, if EVER, goes away unless you DON'T want
it to

Larry

--
*Lawrence J. Medina